• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Howdy Partners!~

Werefang

Well hi there everyone. I am new here to the forum. I have chosen to include myself into your slice of heaven because for years I have felt different and even did some tippy toeing as a child but mom denies a lot of the things I did or marks if off as normal children things. I have not received a diagnosis yet but this upcoming Wednesday I will be meeting with my very first Autistic therapist online. I am both nervous and scared at the same time. If diagnosed with it it would explain a lot of my behaviors.. If not then I will remove myself from this forum. Thanks to all who decide to read this post and nice to meet each of you.

Hello and welcome, @Werefang. All are welcome here. You can hang around and see if the people here and the things we share are relatable to you. It may be helpful to you to read the stories of people with lived experience whether you receive a diagnosis or not.

1713571994935.png

Awww thank you guys. I really appreciate it. I already feel right at home except for these annoying pop up ads…

I guess because I am not sure how I will feel. It would explain why I struggle making friends unless they have something in common with me. It would explain why I struggle to keep relationships. Why I keep loosing jobs. Why I hated always looking at people in the eyes… I just felt uncomfortable. I also tippy toed as a child.

I guess the fear is more or so if my friends and family members will still accept me and love me for me.
You are still the same person sounds like anxiety to me, I joined this forum without a diagnosis I had retired a number of my friends had passed hard to replace so joined seeking others like me.

I would never put much trust in the opinion of a single "expert" Most of them are pretty much flying blind, and can't understand a new situation. Answers should make sense and not ignore facts that don't fit.

Hello & welcome @Werefang.*

If you are in the US, see...
*Werefang means "Man-fang" or "human fang," so "Incisor...?" ;)

Hello & welcome @Werefang.*

If you are in the US, see...
*Werefang means "Man-fang" or "human fang," so "Incisor...?" ;)
Werefang is a completely made up internet name by me for my love for my favorite anime Digimon. I took my favorite werewolf’s name Weregarurumon and created my own name. Took me hours to do that years ago as a teenager. The name stuck.

I would never put much trust in the opinion of a single "expert" Most of them are pretty much flying blind, and can't understand a new situation. Answers should make sense and not ignore facts that don't fit.
Well to be frank, they had me also doing a questionnaire about my behavior currently and job situation plus different diagnosis… Then they made my mom answer a bunch of questions about me growing up… I didn’t get to see any of her hundreds of questions…

You are still the same person sounds like anxiety to me, I joined this forum without a diagnosis I had retired a number of my friends had passed hard to replace so joined seeking others like me.
It is not anxiety because in the past I have lost a lot of friends and ex’s even just for trying to be myself. It hurt a lot. I hate loosing people.

It is not anxiety because in the past I have lost a lot of friends and ex’s even just for trying to be myself. It hurt a lot. I hate loosing people.
That's why I joined this site lost friends who passed away. I actually keep statistics to try and predict when I will lose more.

New Threads

Top Bottom