• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

One Life - A 2023 movie based on a true story.
It tells the story of Nicholas Winton, who in 1938 visited Prague after the Nazis began their invasion and occupation of Czechoslovakia; Nicholas been part of a team that worked against the clock to rescue as many children as possible and evacuate them to England.
Put simply, I definitely recommend you give this movie a watch.

The last movie I watched was probably Ghostbusters (the original) on Tubi a week or so ago. The next movie I watch later tonight will be Scream VI.

Friday the 13th Part 3

Originally released in 3D. The home video version does not have that feature.

Terribly cheesy movie, fun to laugh at.

Friday the 13th Part 3

Originally released in 3D. The home video version does not have that feature.

Terribly cheesy movie, fun to laugh at.

In high school, my friends and I loved watching this because--without the 3D feature--everything was so exaggerated.

"Speer & Hitler" (2005)

Perhaps the most accurate of any film to date covering the life of Albert Speer as Hitler's personal architect and later Minister of Armaments and Munitions who was sentenced to 20 years imprisonment. A well-educated man who knew better, yet who couldn't resist being in Hitler's inner circle among much lesser men than himself. The only one of them who Hitler truly respected.

- "A twentieth century Icarus."

A modern understanding of Speer's culpability as a war criminal who would have undoubtedly received the death sentence had the Nuremberg Tribunal known more about him in 1946. With thoughtful, yet devastating commentaries from three of Speer's children.

I just finished watching parts three and four.

Part Three dealt with a subject no film I know of ever did. To chronicle Speer's life as an inmate in Spandau Prison, Berlin. From 1946 to 1966.

Part Four proved to be the most devastating part of this saga. Virtually all documentary in nature, depicting the unravelling of Speer's final years from 1966 to 1981. Unravelling in the sense of historians coming to grips with evidence showing just how much Speer lied about in his knowledge of persecution and extermination of the Jews. Mostly through corroborated evidence and witnesses reflecting Speer's ties to the SS and Heinrich Himmler.

Equally tragic were multiple interviews of three of six of Speer's children. Who sadly but honestly reflected just how dysfunctional their relationship with their father actually was. And how even after being a free man, Speer seemed to turn his back on most everyone who supported him during his imprisonment. Even the foremost historical authority on Hitler (Joachim Fest) felt betrayed by Speer.

Albert Speer was not "the repentant Nazi", but rather just an excellent liar. But then perhaps some may have lamented that "he learned from the best"- Adolf Hitler.

Last edited:
Today, I seen the new The Strangers reboot.

It's a good popcorn movie, but it's kind of generic. If you've seen one movie like this, I reckon you the viewer should know what to expect.

The plot concerns (surprise!) a couple staying in a cabin in a quiet, wooded spot in Oregon, when the titular masked strangers wreak havoc. The female lead also plays that piano piece Rebecca Chambers plays in the first Resident Evil game to unlock a secret passageway.

These type of slasher films are so run-of-the-mill.

:D

I watched The Dark Crystal last night because it was free on YouTube and I admire Jim Henson puppetry. I had nightmares because it was as creepy as it is creative, holy crap!

New Threads

Top Bottom