• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Resenting where my life is at.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Woke up this morning and started vomiting, then I checked my temp and it was at 100.7F. My boss told me to use a sick day today.

Then I had to listen to my sponsor lecture me about how he believes I make myself sick just to get out of going to work, like the asshole he usually is.

I have a friend in Michigan who has a roommate and therefore is able to live off his SSDI check alone. He watches movies all day every day and seems to have a blast doing so. While I am stuck living alone with friends who rarely visit, a job that is not a good match for me, limited social outlets due to bad public transit, etc.

I want to buy a bus ticket, pack up my furniture and my valuables, and move to Michigan today.

How is that you keep getting such jerky sponsors?

Seems like almost any random person would be preferable.
Including Bozo the Clown.

It does sound like you're due for a big change.

Been there, done that and still have the t-shirt. Sometimes it can be a big solution to big problems.

For me. I've learned that moving around doesn't affect a addled mind, if the move is only about trying to find happiness. You'll never find it.

My Dad did this for me. Trying to put me in places that I'd be happy with. But he has no idea what would make me happy. Neither have I, for a long time.

However that sponsor really has a stick up his own butt if he is willing to chew you out for things he would most likely do himself.

Seriously. Only hypocritical control freaks, all about the money, say stuff like "You are getting sick on purpose to avoid doing X".

Woke up this morning and started vomiting, then I checked my temp and it was at 100.7F. My boss told me to use a sick day today.

Then I had to listen to my sponsor lecture me about how he believes I make myself sick just to get out of going to work, like the asshole he usually is.

I have a friend in Michigan who has a roommate and therefore is able to live off his SSDI check alone. He watches movies all day every day and seems to have a blast doing so. While I am stuck living alone with friends who rarely visit, a job that is not a good match for me, limited social outlets due to bad public transit, etc.

I want to buy a bus ticket, pack up my furniture and my valuables, and move to Michigan today.
So, this is timely, and I was just responding to @Xinyta's situation on another thread.

@Metalhead, your post here, just made me sad that this is what it has come to:
"I have a friend in Michigan who has a roommate and therefore is able to live off his SSDI check alone. He watches movies all day every day and seems to have a blast doing so. While I am stuck living alone with friends who rarely visit, a job that is not a good match for me, limited social outlets due to bad public transit, etc.

I want to buy a bus ticket, pack up my furniture and my valuables, and move to Michigan today."

At this point, here, I will share @Xinyta's and my posts. Perhaps there might be something you can take away from it:
"Either you start living or you start dying."

To start living, I must be will to let go and allow the answers to come when they will. Rumination will do nothing in helping that. Moving on and asking for help, when I need it, are all I can do now.
^^This^^

Yes! 100%. Start living. Get off the darn electronic devices, walk out the door, and experience life. Find a destination and go. Put your bare feet in the sand and listen to the waves crashing into the surf at a beach. Hike a difficult trail at a National Park. Listen to the birds and insects sing and the wind blowing through the trees in a forest. Feel the rumble of power and mist in your face at the base of a huge waterfall. Walk in the clouds atop a mountain. Rent a canoe and paddle a lazy river for hours in peace and quiet. Instead of trying to get out of the rain, let it soak you. Nature has some of the best therapy in the world.

Sometimes we do need to simply forget those problems and people in our lives by experiencing a different world from our own. One of the best ways is not by altering our consciousness, but by giving it a totally different stimulus. At which point, one will find themself so enveloped in the moment that everything else that they were worried about isn't a thought in their head. It's one of the only times that one can actually feel total freedom, where one's life is theirs alone.

As you get older, regrets and all those should have, would have, and could haves start to build. You don't want to look back your life and say to yourself, "Wow, I really wasted it doing nothing."

Personally, I've got a long, long "bucket list" of things to do and places to see, and sitting at home isn't on that list. I will work and make money so I can find moments and places to escape. My wife and I are off to Scotland for the first time. Leaving in a few weeks. But we find places, even locally, where we can escape and do things and not have to spend any money at all. If we get a free day off of work, "Where are we going?".

Given your situation from your other posts, I would totally agree. You need a change. If that means moving to Michigan, awesome. I live in Michigan. Great place to live. However, being a lump on a log watching movies and playing video games? Dude, seriously. Unplug once in a while and do something totally scary, exciting, peaceful, meditative, etc. There are plenty of places in Michigan to do that if you look. Put the phone camera down and take in the experience. Be in awe of something and treat it as something precious that only you can experience. Nobody really wants to see anyone else's photos and videos except lonely grandparents missing their children and grandchildren because they are beyond their old body's physical means of sharing the experience with them. Time is horribly cruel to all of us. One thing my old age has taught me very harshly, sometimes those "somedays" never come to us, we have to chase it, reach out, and grab it for ourselves. Life is not a passive endeavor. When you are young and physically able, do it. Live out of a van or a tent. Be a nomad working for food, but experience life.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, @Metalhead

Keep in mind the "deck is stacked" against the average person's favor more than it has been probably in my lifetime.

Noticing a moment of resentment can sometimes spur us into action for real change. When it does not, resentment is a dangerously unproductive feeling that keeps us quite unhappily stuck where we are just wishing things were different. It sounds like you have a sort of role model in your friend that you described that is happy. How can you make your life more like his? What can you learn from the successes that you have seen in the way he lives?

I think one of the important skills to learn in life is who NOT to listen to and it seems important that you identify unhelpful people like this latest sponsor. Sponsors are meant to support and sometimes challenge us, never degrade, disrespect, or project their own problems onto us. As the person who needs/wants a sponsor, we put ourselves in a vulnerable position and it is important that we only put our faith in a trustworthy and healthy sponsor/mentor.

I wouldn't act in a hasty way.
If you don't like your job, find another one before you quit.

I feel like I can’t keep living the way I have been.

I need an escape.

You've been coming back to that realization for
some time now. Repeatedly.

You've made some changes regarding food & beverage.
And exercise (walking.)

What other good things can you do for yourself?

My wife and I are off to Scotland for the first time. Leaving in a few weeks. But we find places, even locally, where we can escape and do things and not have to spend any money at all. If we get a free day off of work, "Where are we going?".

I love Scotland. I hope you have a lot of time, it's so beautiful and lots to see. The Western Isles and the road to the Isles. I visited Dumfries and Galloway often, also Edinburgh, and right up to Thurso is a lovely way too, some ancient barrows and stones up there. Go well!

You've been coming back to that realization for
some time now. Repeatedly.

You've made some changes regarding food & beverage.
And exercise (walking.)

What other good things can you do for yourself?
I seriously contemplated buying some beer off Instacart today.

Like that is going to make me feel better.

I am talking to my therapist starting in five minutes from now, though.

I seriously contemplated buying some beer off Instacart today.

Like that is going to make me feel better.
Connecting these two thoughts is a huge sobriety success! "I want beer... but, I know it won't help."

When addiction is controlling our brains, it's more like "I want beer... I know it won't really help... but it'll sure feel good anyway... to hell with it, I'm getting it."

Stay true to what you want... healing, change, recovery.

Connecting these two thoughts is a huge sobriety success! "I want beer... but, I know it won't help."

When addiction is controlling our brains, it's more like "I want beer... I know it won't really help... but it'll sure feel good anyway... to hell with it, I'm getting it."

Stay true to what you want... healing, change, recovery.
Yeah, I am already seriously depressed and drowning my brain in a depressant will only make that worse.

What I need is a bus ticket and a moving container.

Tomorrow I am talking with my doctor about a possible antidepressant meds change. I have been on the same meds for the last six years, an adjustment may be necessary now/

I need to escape my brain. Most of the time when I am alone and not actively checking out, my resentments eat me alive.

I need to escape my brain. Most of the time when I am alone and not actively checking out, my resentments eat me alive.
Your escapes are movies and games (and formerly alcohol, congratulation on that). They are starting to control you (much like alcohol). It seems to me you need an escape from your escapes.

Been there. My escape mechanism were starting to control me at one point. I had to give some of them up.

Your escapes are movies and games (and formerly alcohol, congratulation on that). They are starting to control you (much like alcohol). It seems to me you need an escape from your escapes.

Been there. My escape mechanism were starting to control me at one point. I had to give some of them up.
I feel like I would rather die than live with the endless running tapes in my head reminding me of all that I have lived through.

Although I am not seriously going to kill myself right now because I have some grains of hope in me that my psychiatrist and therapist know what they are doing.

New Threads

Top Bottom