• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I made an appointment with a trainer at my gym.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I am going to learn how to lift weights safely and properly.

Then I am going to do that every other day.

Lose the big fat belly, gain some muscle tone.

Life goals.

A friend of mine suggested that I come up with realistic goals to go after for spans of one year, five years, and ten years. Hearing that suggestion made me realize that I really did not put much thought into my future or where I want to take my life. But I am thinking about it now and I realize I don't know what I want.

Good luck with everything, I have one small tip. If you do that every other day, you might feel burned out after a while and be tempted to quit. Taking it down a notch to every third day then will make it feel a little better. Working out every 48th hours is a rough start, sometimes it's nice to have a couple of days off. And rest days and recovery is just as important as the lifting to get good results.

Great news. Keep us updated on progress. It should really help with your energy levels. I started drinking a protein coffee mix, that helps at gym. After a month or two, you may need to up your protein a bit. Weight lifting made me desire a clean protein. :)

Good luck with everything, I have one small tip. If you do that every other day, you might feel burned out after a while and be tempted to quit. Taking it down a notch to every third day then will make it feel a little better. Working out every 48th hours is a rough start, sometimes it's nice to have a couple of days off. And rest days and recovery is just as important as the lifting to get good results.
Being overly ambitious is a weakness of mine, thanks for pointing that out.

Being overly ambitious is a weakness of mine, thanks for pointing that out.

I worked out every 48th hours for over three straight years and it's mentally hard. Everything else in life ends up being planned around the workout and I don't think that's good. I didn't feel good and it was much better to take two days off inbetween. That extra day off made a big difference. So don't overdo it or be too ambitious, you'll just wear yourself out too much and get tired of it. And we're not 20 anymore so every 48th hours is a little harder now.

I worked out every 48th hours for over three straight years and it's mentally hard. Everything else in life ends up being planned around the workout and I don't think that's good. I didn't feel good and it was much better to take two days off inbetween. That extra day off made a big difference. So don't overdo it or be too ambitious, you'll just wear yourself out too much and get tired of it. And we're not 20 anymore so every 48th hours is a little harder now.
I really should just start injecting steroids and work out three times a day. That’ll show the world I’m not a loser!

I really should just start injecting steroids and work out three times a day. That’ll show the world I’m not a loser!

It's smart that you made an appointment with a trainer, he or she should know what the best plan is for you. And have lots of experience. Much easier than to figure everything out on your own. Especially using the right technique to lift, that's so important and much easier to learn with some help from a professional.

Last edited:
This sounds like a plan, and there are other changes and developments you could look into too. You are starting on constructive ideas now, that's got to be uplifting. Yes, don't overdo it then get sick of it, my partners a bit inclined to go that way. Try to use a variety of options, not just one new obsession. There's plenty more out there...

This is the way to go. I'd fine-tune your friend's advice. Is there a goal you can set in one month, three months, six months?

That's really helpful for me to know too, as I've recently started with a personal trainer/exercise physiologist too. So far, it's only been 1/2 hour, which I'm told, is optimum, especially for females, as any more and it activates cortisol which for women. depletes our progesterone, which doesn't help the weight loss process. It's fine for men to do more, as cortisol activation increases their testosterone, which helps build muscles, but us females work differently.

I'm doing it once a week, but hoping to do twice weekly in the future.

New Threads

Top Bottom