• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Site down a lot?

I suspect it is a server-side issue...but that if a user clears their cache and cookies it basically "sheds" the error produced.
I'm not tech-savvy.
What worries me is that if I clear my cache I will loose my passwords.
Is that correct?
I find it a hassle to find them all again.

But for me, I am not experiencing any problems so there is no reason I can see for me to do anything.

So, what does error 520 indicate?

Now if someone were to post that they are experiencing such an issue with Firefox despite purging their cache and cookies then perhaps we can cross off that possibility. Though the OP's post was quite specific about the error code (520) they encountered.
I will be a test subject. I thought I cleared my cache & cookies regularly, but now I have it set to do so every time I close Firefox. I will see if that has any impact on the specific issue I experience and report back.

I will be a test subject. I thought I cleared my cache & cookies regularly, but now I have it set to do so every time I close Firefox. I will see if that has any impact on the specific issue I experience and report back.

Thanks. That should confirm or eliminate this particular issue. But then it would also bring into question whether or not a server is capable of spitting out erroneous error codes. Which is beyond my understanding in such matters.

I know this can be an issue on occasion, though it's not a very serious one if and when it simply means ridding a browser of outdated information like saved URLs we tend to take for granted.

There are other more critical possibilities at the server level as well to consider. We'll just have to see what Satal can find out on his end.

Addentum: I have forgotten that with Linux I use an additional program to safely purge many kinds of data like browser caches and cookies- "Stacer". Though I do so entirely manually as opposed to automatically in the case of Firefox and Brave. But Stacer is quite effective as well.

Last edited:
What worries me is that if I clear my cache I will loose my passwords.
If you're using Firefox then active logins and saved passwords are different to your cache and cookies, you can clear the cache without losing any saved passwords. I rely very heavily on those saved passwords too. Mine gets cleared every time I shut Firefox down.

screen70.jpg

So, what does error 520 indicate?

"No error 520 is not a permanent error. It is a temporary server-side error caused by a connection issue between the web server and the origin server. Refreshing the page, clearing your browser cache and cookies, or contacting your hosting provider or website administrator can often resolve the issue."

Another thing you can do in Firefox to verify you haven't purged any passwords is to go to Settings, then "Passwords". A simple matter of whether your saved passwords are there or not.

If you're using Firefox then active logins and saved passwords are different to your cache and cookies, you can clear the cache without losing any saved passwords. I rely very heavily on those saved passwords too. Mine gets cleared every time I shut Firefox down.
Much appreciated.

I get this message a few times a day - typically in the USA east coast evening time. When it occurs, I still have a strong internet connection (and can access any other site) and I don't use any extensions in my Firefox browser.

View attachment 129603
I have not had this message/problem for 2 days after setting my browser (Firefox) to clear my cache and cookies when I close it.

Thanks, @Judge.

After clearing my cache completely, it maybe let me in the next two days and now I can’t get in with my computer at all. ;(. This post may be temporary. Sigh

After clearing my cache completely, it maybe let me in the next two days and now I can’t get in with my computer at all. ;(. This post may be temporary. Sigh
Can you show a screenshot of what you're getting on your computer so we can try and help?

New Threads

Top Bottom